In case you haven’t already heard, I’m delighted to say that the appeal that was submitted against the planning permission refusal has been upheld by the independent planning inspectorate and permission granted for a 2G astro pitch to be built at Riverway!
This is brilliant news and huge thanks go to those within the club that have spent a great deal of time and effort supporting the planning application, but of course our focus now needs to shift to fundraising
Just in time for Christmas shopping, SCHC has setup a brilliant way everyone can help support the club to raise the necessary funds that won’t cost you anything
The club is now registered as a cause on www.easyfundraising.org.uk,
The retailers involved are wide-ranging including Amazon and John Lewis as well as companies selling holidays, flights, train tickets, insurance and foreign currency
As I said earlier, this doesn’t cost you anything and your financial information is not used by the site or sold on to other companies but if you already shop online, you can now do so while also raising money for the club.
Here are the simple steps that you need to take to start effortlessly raising funds for the club:
- Go to www.easyfundraising.org.uk
- Search for “Stafford Men’s Hockey Club” or click here
- Click “Join Us”
- Create a personal account using your email address and a password.
- Every time you want to buy something online, log in to your account and then search for the retailer through easyfundraising. If the retailer is listed, click on them and this will take you to the website as normal. Because you went to the retailer’s website through easyfundraising, your purchase will be recorded.
- Buy whatever you were going to buy as normal.
- You will receive an email the next day to confirm that your purchase has lead to a donation.
- Tell all your friends and family to do the same!
You can also install the donation reminder in your browser which will cause a pop-up window to appear at times when you are on retailers’ websites to remind you to go through easyfundraising
Similarly there are phone apps available on iPhone and Android through AppStore and GooglePlay.
Please can I ask that you take 2 minutes to sign up to www.easyfundraising.org.uk, you use it when shopping online and if possible you share it with your friends and family